• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Am I the only one...

#243616 1 year, 7 months ago
who doesnt care for Neil Youngs music. I think I am. Ive tried to give it a couple of listins but I find it kinda depressing. I think its the tone of his voice that I dont care for. I was just listing to a song of his on the radio and it sound like a little country with a Hawiaan vibe. I know alot of heads like him though.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Am I the only one...

#243618 1 year, 7 months ago
I love Neil but I know people and have heard of many more that aren't a fan of his voice... so no your certainly not alone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#243619 1 year, 7 months ago
I don't know if you're the only one, but I think you're the first person I've ever encountered that feels that way.
If you don't like his voice there's probably nothing can be done about that. We all hear with different ears.

Neil as a musician is of the highest integrity, imho. If you were to listen to all his albums in chronological order you'd
most likely be amazed at how many genres he's touched on over the years.

I heard once from a good source that he'd been asked to play a private party. His reply was he wouldn't play a private
party for "all the money in the world". Whoever was having this party wound up getting the Stones instead for 1 million, and
no requests.

Anyway, hope you come to like him because he's put out a plethora of great music.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, 23atwell, karenrose
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#243621 1 year, 7 months ago
Neil is the man!!!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, 23atwell, karenrose
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#243626 1 year, 7 months ago
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#243632 1 year, 7 months ago
Neil Young's Appearance on Late Night with David Letterman July 2008

Thank You Jerry
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#243637 1 year, 7 months ago
I do like forever young, great dylan tune. Neil and jerry together I love, but its because Im bias probably. Anything Jerry touches, turns to gold.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#243639 1 year, 7 months ago
Love the guy but can see why some wouldn't.

He has lots of interesting lyrics and story's. But his voice is high and to some whiny.

Give Live Rust a listen sometime, it may change your opinion.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#243650 1 year, 7 months ago
I sort of like Neil Young but not all that much. I would not spend the coin or time to see him again. I've seen him about 8-9 times and feel like that's enough.

But I may be one of the only serious Dead fans that I know who doesn't like Bob Dylan. I don't like him even a little bit. Yeah, many of his songs are good material for the Dead and others. But Dylan himself? Pass.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#243657 1 year, 7 months ago
DarrylStingley wrote:
But I may be one of the only serious Dead fans that I know who doesn't like Bob Dylan. I don't like him even a little bit. Yeah, many of his songs are good material for the Dead and others. But Dylan himself? Pass.
I never cared for Dylan at all. NOT. AT. ALL. Then I caught the Scorsese documentary on PBS, and it changed everything. I still find his electric work to be atrocious, but his folk period is fantastic. His voice works well with those tones and minimal accompaniment. Incredible poet and lyricist. But I'm of the mind that NOBODY should do Dylan except Dylan. It isn't because he's some godly figure, either. I've found that even the best covers are half-assed massacres. For me, the GD was at its lowest point when doing Dylan covers. Even worse than these jukebox hero fillers of The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd covers.

I can see why people could be averse to Young's and Dylan's voices. They're unique and of special sound.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds